Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HD Audio Bluetooth AAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend just took delivery yesterday MYP and I tried a few things to get HD audio working on his Pixel 5 running Android 13.

For the life of me, it doesn't work. I have a M3 21, and it works fine and the device shows with my wife's Pixel 5.

Did they strip out HD audio (cost savings) or does he just need to wait for an update.

Anyone else notice HD audio is missing from the paired device menu in Android?

He has 2022.28.100. The attached photos are android 12 and 13 where HD Audio should be. On his phone it doesn't show HD Audio.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221015-091404.png
    Screenshot_20221015-091404.png
    208.6 KB · Views: 329
  • Screenshot_20221015-125343.png
    Screenshot_20221015-125343.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 189
Tesla has Bluetooth audio when streaming from phone. There is no HD quality audio when streaming via Bluetooth protocol. Bluetooth results in recon press ion of audio too. For a HD experience, You can put audio on usb device & use Tesla’s usb audio source gui to play songs, mark favorites, etc. I put my favorites on usb in uncompressed flac format or high quality mp3. You can also use Tesla’s tidal app and download music to Tesla computer but this requires a atidal subscription.

Tesla has Bluetooth audio when streaming from phone. There is no HD quality audio when streaming via Bluetooth protocol. Bluetooth results in recon press ion of audio too. For a HD experience, You can put audio on usb device & use Tesla’s usb audio source gui to play songs, mark favorites, etc. I put my favorites on usb in uncompressed flac format or high quality mp3. You can also use Tesla’s tidal app and download music to Tesla computer but this requires a atidal subscription.
Sorry, perhaps that's your experience, but I can hear a difference when streaming Bluetooth music with HD on or off. It is noticable. This is coming from a M3, so I was disappointed with the sound quality immediately in his car and was surprised to see the lack of HD Audio slider. Seeing if someone has a similar experience with their MY.

To be clear, we are streaming Bluetooth music. We are not using music from the included in car apps. That's a bit off topic.

Oh you misunderstood me. I have never seen an option for HD bluetooth audio in my phone, Tesla or Tesla mobile app. I believe you when you say you can hear a difference. I've just never been given the option :) . I'd probably still use USB uncompressed Flac for my favorites even if I had HD bluetooth (perhaps I do and I do not realize it) as I dislike compression or knowing it is there even if I can’t tell 🤣

Last edited:
Oh you misunderstood me. I have never seen an option for HD bluetooth audio in my phone, Tesla or Tesla mobile app. I believe you when you say you can hear a difference. I've just never been given the option :) . I'd probably still use USB uncompressed Flac for my favorites even if I had HD bluetooth (perhaps I do and I do not realize it) as I dislike compression or knowing it is there even if I can’t tell 🤣
Do you have Android? I assume you have a Model Y?

I have a Pixel 5 phone with Android 13 and my Tesla app is ver 4.13.3. I have a 3/2021 built MY LR. I have never had a screen like yours with audio formats on my android Tesla app just like ElectricAnt54 said. Coming to audio quality, I stream Amazon music in HD as well as XM music channels from my phone while driving. There is a significant audio quality difference between Amazon HD music and XM though both are streamed over Bluetooth to my Tesla audio system.

I have a Pixel 5 phone with Android 13 and my Tesla app is ver 4.13.3. I have a 3/2021 built MY LR. I have never had a screen like yours with audio formats on my android Tesla app just like ElectricAnt54 said. Coming to audio quality, I stream Amazon music in HD as well as XM music channels from my phone while driving. There is a significant audio quality difference between Amazon HD music and XM though both are streamed over Bluetooth to my Tesla audio system.
Thanks. It must be a hardware difference between the M3 and MY.

Reactions: Anser