Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HD radio tuning issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've searched the forum and couldn't find a similar issue to mine and was wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same. Whenever I tune in to a HD radio station (104.3 FM in my location for example), the HD radio immediately turns from white to gray to black. This is normal. The issue starts if I mute the audio with the left steering wheel button. For some reason, the HD radio signal goes out (I can still hear the station) and turns to white. It then takes a long time for the HD radio logo to turn black again. However, if I toggle to HD radio off (HD with slash across) and back on, then it immediately tunes to HD radio.

I don't understand why muting the audio would cause the tuner to have to search for the HD signal again. And, why does HD radio signal take so long to recover after unmuting the audio? I'm not sure if this is just a bug with the HD radio indicator as I have not been able to hear any difference.

If anybody can try this in their vehicles and report the results, I would greatly appreciate it. My softwre version is 2022.16.2

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer