Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HD Radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simpler? Some things you just expect would be standard, even on a 35k car.

I disagree. What is standard on a $35,000 car? Leather seats? No. Tesla plays by different rules. The premium that you're paying for is not the fluffy creature comforts. You're paying for a superior electric drivetrain, environmentally conscious design (electric & vegan interior), advanced safety, and the ability to option the car to drive itself. Its why the Model S & X are destroying the sales numbers of say a Mercedes S-Class while not offering the creature comforts that is "expected" in that price bracket like massaging and ventilated seats.

Luxury should not be defined by the interior design, or the crafting of the stitching on the seats. It should be defined by absolute safety. Not having to drive will be the ultimate luxury, in which a self-driving, stripped down $20,000 car will be superior to a $500,000 waste of a supercar that you have to drive yourself.

You do realize we're talking about HD radio?

Yes, and I'm saying that expectations NEED to be reduced. What may be standard on cars in this price bracket may not appear on the Model 3. And that's more than fine. I would be happy with a Model 3 that had cloth seats and had a small display showing basic information like speed, and still pay north of 30,000 for it, and so would many. If I wanted features galore and creature comforts, I would get a traditional car.

• Funny
Reactions: CarbonFree
As said above, the S does come with HD Radio standard. I suspect the 3 will, also (I'd be surprised if it didn't at this point in time).

What is possibly more interesting is the terms on the LTE connection (how long will it be free).

As said above, the S does come with HD Radio standard. I suspect the 3 will, also (I'd be surprised if it didn't at this point in time).

What is possibly more interesting is the terms on the LTE connection (how long will it be free).

LTE connection is expensive for Tesla, and expecting it on possibly hundreds of thousands of cars is a fool's errand. It will only be free for a year at most, and that's being generous. You'll probably have to pay for it.