TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HDMI Interface Box for Model S / Model X

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by BearBu, Oct 4, 2018.

1. BearBu

BearBu Member

HDMI Interface Box enables the HDMI input (max. resolution 1080p60) to the Tesla Touchscreen Display (MCU) from the Rearview camera channel.

This is the first batch production of 100 sets and shipping date is on or before 11/11/2018, therefore, the 50% deposit is required.

Available for car Model : Model S, Model X

Shipping period : on or before 11/11/2018

Shipping from : Hong Kong

Shipping cost : Exact cost valuation from Fedex.com, buyer pays the shipping cost

Payment method : Paypal

Deposit : 50% deposit upfront

Selling Price : US$400.00, including the following items:

- HDMI interface box
    - 1.8Meter HDMI male-female cable
    - OBD CAN bus interface decoder (for switching between Rearview camera and HDMI channel)
    - 315MHz R/F transmitter for switching function (can also be programmed with HomeLink function)
    - one set LVDS cables for HDMI Interface box

Below are the option items if you are interested to buy:
    - 3D 360 Around view system with HDMI output (US$450.00)

- Wired smartphone mirror to HDMI adaptor, works with iPhone, iPAD, Android smartphone (US$50.00)

P.S: Above prices are at FOB Hong Kong basis. Which means, buyer need to pay the shipping cost (default is FedEx), delivery cost will be calculated and to be added to the balance payment.

Interested party please send PM and will be notified with the Paypal account and payment method.

Interface Box_top_1024.jpg Interface Box_side_HDMI_1024.jpg Interface Box_side_LVDS_1024.jpg
    Interface Box_1024.jpg Total Package_1024.jpg HDMI adaptor01.jpg
    Installation Model X 01.jpg Installation Model S 01.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Member

Interesting. Will this support Chromecast so you can stream your mobile device wirelessly?

3. BearBu

BearBu Member

Haven't tested with Chromecast yet. We have tested with the AppleTV, and some wireless HDMI steaming devices that works with mobile devices, but the sounds cannot be synced to the car's Bluetooth for playing. The wired HDMI adaptor for smartphones is recommended for this product application

HDMI adaptor01.jpg

4. BearBu

BearBu Member

Most of the testing and functions can be found in the following YouTube channel:

DTP Intl Ltd

5. gt2690b

gt2690b Member

#5 gt2690b, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    can this work with Kodi and Raspberry Pi?

how does the sound work?

6. cynix

cynix Member

Interested in the 360 view cameras, but would like to know how difficult it will be to install them.

7. BearBu

BearBu Member

As long as it has standard HDMI signal up to 1080p60, our product accepts any standard HDMI signal up to 1080p60

8. BearBu

BearBu Member

Installation just like other 360 around view system, it is suggested to be done by the “installing” professional.

9. Spartan53

Spartan53 Member

Hi a few questions, wil this still work with the non tech package tesla? Also will it come with installation instructions

10. Bheuring

Bheuring Member

How many cameras can I have and still be able to have my phone hooked up to this
    I have a Tesla with a 3rd row I would love to have a cam there maybe one in the front if not no biggie but I need one in the 3rd row to watch the kids
    So if I did that could I still have one for the phone to be plugged in

11. BearBu

BearBu Member

Yes, it works with the non tech pack Tesla. We are making and editing the installation video / materials for LHD and RHD vehicle.

12. BearBu

BearBu Member

Why don’t you just install a Dashcam or WiFi cam with the WiFi function at 3rd row for video streaming to your smartphone and have your smartphone plugged to the HDMI interface box?

13. Spartan53

Spartan53 Member

ONe last question, is it only able to have one or the other a plug to put the phone in and a 360? not both?

14. BearBu

BearBu Member

There is only one HDMI port in the HDMI Interface Box, so only one HDMI channel can be displayed on the screen.

If you want to connect more than one HDMI source (360, smartphone adaptor, other HDMI source), you can buy a 2-in-1-out or multi-in-one-out HDMI switch.

Something like that:

2 Port 1080P HDMI Leaded Switch Switcher Selector 2 x Female IN to 1 x Male OUT 5056098713068 | eBay

15. Spartan53

Spartan53 Member

so how would I switch between the multiple sources if I purchase above part?

16. BearBu

BearBu Member

I think there is a dip switch for you to do the switching.

17. lonertic

lonertic Member

So with that question above on sound, does sound just come via the same HDMI interface or do we need to separately stream that via Bluetooth?

18. BearBu

BearBu Member

The sound has got to go thru Bluetooth.

The HDMI box only delivers video signal thru the rearview camera channel

19. Bheuring

Bheuring Member

Ok smarty pants lol
    But that’s a good ideal

20. lonertic

lonertic Member

Nice. The demo on the 360 birds eye view also looks a bit "prototype", for instance the side cameras doesn't seem wide enough angle to see both front and rear wheels so the 360° view is just "guessing" where the wheels are at, if the system can support 6 cameras then we can actually see if there's any obstacles like concrete kerb next to the wheels, that's what i think the 360° view will be mainly useful for because Teslas are a fairly large car