Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HDMI interface to the touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of my friend in HK had contacted them but got some general/official answer that such product will be available soon, and no more details about when. Asked if there is any demo pic , video clip and got zero reply.

All I wanna say is that taping the video format into the Tesla recognized video feed is a hard job (at least to me), we spent quite a lot effort to crack it).

That makes sense. If it was really easy, they would have done it. But as it sits, they already had working products for Chevy and such, so why bother with all the tight R&D for a Tesla with much smaller ownership numbers.

Is there any info about the rear-camera wiring diagram for the between the H/W 2.5 and APE? Where could I find the wiring info? It's hard for us to get a HW2.5 car for testing here in Hong Kong because nobody is interested to buy Tesla anymore after the local government has stopped offering the Zero Import Tax for Electric car. The import tax is around 95% of the cost of the car value. Sad

Impressive Bu. Is that a side camera mounted under the mirror that I see on the right hand side mirror?

I think you should demo this to Telsa. And discuss licensing this tech to them. Better return on your investment than a relative handful of us can purchase it ourselves to allow you to break even.

Impressive Bu. Is that a side camera mounted under the mirror that I see on the right hand side mirror?

I think you should demo this to Telsa. And discuss licensing this tech to them. Better return on your investment than a relative handful of us can purchase it ourselves to allow you to break even.
The 360 cam kit is not @BearBu, but is a third party Chinese company's product. They did customize it for @BearBu to add a Model S or Model X car to the interface, so that's unique to what @BearBu can provide.

However, what's BETTER is @BearBu did develop the hdmi converter box so you can plug in ANYTHING with an HDMI port. A phone, appletv, Chrome cast, or, in this case, a third party 360 surround 3D kit. I'm going to test all of it and provide pics and installation instructions for US customers to help him out.

I'm also anxiously awaiting the @artsci forwsdd facing cam kit to comparatively test.

Have to drill/mill hole for installing the side cameras under each of the side mirror.

We position this product as aftermarket product. This 3D 360 system is not anything new tech anyway and Tesla should have their reason of not having it ready on their vehicles.

20181015_215459.jpg 20181015_215549.jpg 20181015_215613.jpg 20181015_215738.jpg 20181016_225418.jpg 20181016_231158.jpg