Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HDMI interface to the touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use the lightning to HDMI adaptor for iphone (wired) for iphone and the smartphone to HDMI adaptor for Android phone for making the videos uploaded here.

For wireless one (by using the Airplay, Miracast), I have encountered the problem that the audio couldn’t be sync-ed thru Bluetooth. I guess that’s the default setting for Airplay/Miracast. I am not sure if such kind of setting can be changed or not, still keep trying. Btw, the wireless adaptor I used is bought form TaoBao, just a simple wireless HDMI adaptor that works with Airplay and Miracast. Will test with the AppleTV later this week

How does the Android or iPhone screen mirroring work? Is it through a cable or WiFi and a HDMI adapter?

• Helpful
Reactions: David99
I want 2 pcs. How you want me to handle this?

Thank you for your interest and support!

please make a pledge on our Kickstarter page. As you are buying 2pcs , the shipment charge should be less than the listed pledge price. Btw, we are discussing the special offer for TML pals, the price is not finalised yet, will try our best to offer the best we could.

Anyway, please make a pledge at Kickstarter and we will return the cost different.

Thanks

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Eventually found that there are some control function from the steering wheel “forward”, “backward”, “play”, “pause”, “volume” directly to the smartphone while playing YouTube video (in case the smartphone synced with the car thru Bluetooth, and mirroring to the HDMI port)

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Below comparison is what I found about the display area (full screen or not total full screen), r really depends on the brand / mode of smartphone.

——————————————————
Screen mirror for iphone: (no boarder)

7148EA29-340B-4C6D-B46C-3896D90D4CD9.jpeg

——————————————————
Screen mirroring for Samsung S8+ (upper and lower black boarder)

55DBFE04-D354-4362-948E-931272F695C4.jpeg

——————————————————
Wireless mirroring HDMI adaptor’s UI (not connected with smartphone yet): full screen

997649D1-1855-4813-BFAE-CF2500606973.jpeg

Attachments

• AAE7E533-E7A0-4907-893A-FC448CCFFC03.jpeg
    AAE7E533-E7A0-4907-893A-FC448CCFFC03.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 146
Below comparison is what I found about the display area (full screen or not total full screen), r really depends on the brand / mode of smartphone.

——————————————————
Screen mirror for iphone: (no boarder)

View attachment 320334

——————————————————
Screen mirroring for Samsung S8+ (upper and lower black boarder)

View attachment 320336

——————————————————
Wireless mirroring HDMI adaptor’s UI (not connected with smartphone yet): full screen

View attachment 320337

Why did you add white frames around the photos? Also, better to just post the full screen video streams for different phones.

The white frame is obviously the white frame of the rear camera UI.

As he explained the non-fullscreen-ness is due to the resolution and aspect ratio of the phone themselves.
Ah. I always have my screen in night mode, which looks like it uses a black frame around the backup camera instead of white (hard to even tell there is any framing given it blends pretty well into the surrounding black sections of the screen. In fact, I didn't even know there was any frame at all until you mentioned.

I guess another reason for me to continue using night mode, if I end up using this solution. ;)

For the 360 view, you need extra cameras or does it use thew AP cameras from the car?
Have to install extra 4pcs of 720p fish-eye camera.

The AP cameras (no matter AP1, AP2), are not suitable for 360 view because those cameras cannot cover the whole viewable area. The 4 extra cameras dedicated for 360 system are the fisheye camera with Horizontal viewing angle ~190degree, and vertical viewing angle ~ 160 degree.

Reactions: Hank42 and David99