Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HDMI interface to the touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys. I finally had my FLIR Pathfindir II camera w/Nav-TV soundmodule connected to my Tesla Model S 17’’ today. Works like a charm. Used BearBu’s HDMI-device.

Attachments

• 024AD2A3-7F12-47DB-9597-D49F80FE56F6.png
    024AD2A3-7F12-47DB-9597-D49F80FE56F6.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Reactions: ICUDoc
BearBu. This is incredible. I think you deserve much credit for figuring out how to make this happen. And the 360 degree view is amazing. Even better, the prices are quite reasonable.

Can you develop similar hardware for the Model 3? It's a much bigger market than the S and X and I think many owners, including me, would buy it for their Model 3s in an instant.

Last edited:
Reactions: android04
BearBu. This is incredible. I think you deserve much credit for figuring out how to make this happen. And the 360 degree view is amazing. Even better, the prices are quite reasonable.

Can you develop similar hardware for the Model 3? It's a much bigger market than the S and X and I think many owners, including me, would buy it for their Model 3s in an instant.

Thanks for the compliment. Hope we can make more nice product to benefit the Tesla community.

We are working on the solution for Model 3 now, hope to have the HDMI Interface Box for Model 3 by Jun 2019.

We are working on the solution for Model 3 now, hope to have the HDMI Interface Box for Model 3 by Jun 2019.

Can you share any details about what will be different for the Model 3 version? I would think that the most difficult part will be finding a place to inject the video feed without impacting the AP computer. (Since they are housed in the same spot and there likely isn't a discrete video cable between the two.)

Can you share any details about what will be different for the Model 3 version? I would think that the most difficult part will be finding a place to inject the video feed without impacting the AP computer. (Since they are housed in the same spot and there likely isn't a discrete video cable between the two.)

Sorry, we don't have car available in Hong Kong. We have our folks to tried the current HDMI Interface with Model 3 in Boston (I think it's Boston), they managed to re-route the cable from AP Engine just like AP2.5 from Model S/X but color code of the plug is different. How they made it, i don't know because I was not there (hope I were there).

We got displaying black screen (which means no available video signal) on HDMI channel, this is something different and we need to dig out the solution. The other challenge is there is no OBD port to read CAN bus signal, so need to find other port for accessing the CAN BUS.

Hi BearBu, when the box reads the can bus info (steering wheel control), does the box offer some kind of signal connection so we can use the same message to drive something else? Eg: switching between HDMI input or use it as a mode toggle? I understand the 360 view uses the signal to switch between view modes, can anything else use the same signal instead of the 360 view?