TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

He wanted the D and he got it. The 90D, that is!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Jool, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Jool

Jool Member

Picked up my shiny new 90D earlier today and couldn't be happier about it! Just wanted to give thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum for all the information they've provided - I've been doing a ton of research the past few months to see if this is the right car for me, and after a couple hours of driving I can enthusiastically say yes! If you're on the fence about buying a Model S, don't wait, just get it!

Apparently I am the 4th/5th person with a 90 around San Diego. Still need to install my carbon fiber center console and rear console. I hope to record some videos of my upcoming travels and share them soon!

20150828_130843.jpg 20150828_145054.jpg 20150828_145106.jpg

2. Panoz

Panoz Member

3. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

I still can't get over that blue, and I have one. Not a 90D though, but a 70D because I'm a cheap bastard.

4. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Beautiful!

5. pedriscoll

pedriscoll True Blue Tesla Fan

I love the color too. That's why I have it on my 85D. You are going to love the car. I look forward to my drive to work every day! You cant really explain the feeling, but you are now experiencing it yourself. Congrats on your new baby.

6. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Congrats! That blue is just fabulous. Next only to my rare green ;)

7. Astroboy747

Astroboy747 Member

Congrats man!

My 70D will have that blue too. Man it's beautiful.

8. taurusking

taurusking Member

Congrats !!! Enjoy your car :smile:

9. LargeHamCollider

LargeHamCollider Battery cells != scalable

That is one fine looking machine! If you get a chance let us know what rated range is at 100% charge, would also be nice to know what the "kWh used" figure is for a 100% to zero (or near zero) run.

10. Jool

Jool Member

Thanks everyone! Yes, the new blue color is absolutely fantastic in person. My pictures don't do it any justice.

I will do a 100% charge tonight in preparation for a trip to Disneyland tomorrow, so I'll try to make a note of the rated range is at that time.

11. richrootes

richrootes Member

Very nice!

It's good to see the hood and light gaps are getting tighter - my S' hood still looks like it's slightly open, and the left headlight gaps are off.

Vancouver Service Centre promised a call from the body shop to sort it two weeks ago. Still waiting.........

12. WestCoastP85D

WestCoastP85D Member

Thats beautiful. Congratulations. Amazing company, amazing car. Wow. Best car in the world according to consumer reports (and me too.)

13. Great Dane

Great Dane Member

please also take note of ideal range at
    100%
    because it represents a number that some of us can get close to

14. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

When you do the 100% charge can you also switch to km and post that #? Maybe with range mode on and off. I did a 100% charge last week on my 85D and it was 440 km, back just after I got the car a full range charge was 442 km for reference.

15. Jool

Jool Member

In case anyone was still wondering, this is what my rated range was after a 100% charge overnight. There's a tiny sliver of gray at the end of the bar from overnight vampire drain losses so I'm assuming that number should be 283 instead. I was in a hurry and didn't get a chance to test anything else yet. Hope this helps!

20150830_071540.jpg