Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heading to South Carolina for the eclipse. Where will you watch from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
Arrived at Greenville. No soul crushing traffic. Full house with one waiting. Eclipse starts in 20 minutes.

Reactions: NerdUno
We're in Charleston, and Tesla promises to have the SC up and running here at about the same time as AP2 starts working reliably.

If anyone gets in a crunch, we have 40 amps and there is an eVgo (Chademo) charger in Mount Pleasant at 730 Coleman Blvd.

As a follow-up, my wife and I attended the Santee tailgate, organized by Angel (sklancha on the other forum). There were somewhere between 35 and 40 Teslas parked there and the Jacksonville news interviewed Angel, my wife, and niece, and a few other owners. The whole experience was an utter blast and it was great sharing it with other Tesla owners.

We are super charged about the whole eclipse experience and will travel for the next one, which begs the question: what Superchargers are in the path in 2024? Well, I counted 15 of them, and those are just the ones close to the center, with totality lasting at least 3 minutes. And that's today. By 2024, there may be a few more chargers.

View attachment 242812 Arrived at Greenville. No soul crushing traffic. Full house with one waiting. Eclipse starts in 20 minutes.

I was there a bit earlier in the day - got there around 9:30 a.m. and it was a full house. Had to wait just for one car in front of me. Interestingly, in your photo there are cars in all stalls, but that morning, 3A (I think) was not working. Several of us called it in, so maybe they were able to fix remotely.

The weather in Santee turned out great. There were clouds all around us and some clouds passed across the sun during the partial phase, but around totality, it was clear above us.

I felt that we were lucky to have such great weather, though I'd heard that something about Santee being next to Lake Marion (large body of water) supposedly helped.