Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heading up on main map with reasonable zoom, while navigating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try clicking on top right, that's a toggle for north up or car up. Then the plus and minus keys will show up and you can then zoom in. you can also hit the voice button and say, zoom in. Hope that helps.

Try clicking on top right, that's a toggle for north up or car up. Then the plus and minus keys will show up and you can then zoom in. you can also hit the voice button and say, zoom in. Hope that helps.

I've found those buttons. I guess what I am hoping for is the nav, to work like google/apple. Sounds like it's not possible

I've found those buttons. I guess what I am hoping for is the nav, to work like google/apple. Sounds like it's not possible
Sorry about that. Right, not sure. If you're thinking of like 3D display, sort of what Garmin does, I think that's what the left screen does on the dash. On the model 3/Y, their main screen goes into 3D to show next turn when you are in the car up mode. it auto zooms in and out and moves from 3D to 2D as needed.

I figured out what was going on. So, the display will show heading up while navigating UNLESS you have the route legs expanded out. I had mine expanded so it was showing north up, and the entire trip.
Yeah. After our Model 3 with single screen which defaults to a more 'driving' kind of display, it took me a while to work out that this was the problem in our new-to-us Model S. Can't believe it took me about 2,500 miles to work it out!