TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Headlight issue - help!

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by clos2pin, Dec 16, 2019.

1. clos2pin

clos2pin Member

I’ve had my M3 since May with no mechanical issues at all and all the sudden my driver side headlight is out as of this morning. Did soft and hard resets and nothing changes. The entire cluster is out with no low beams or high beams. I’m not even getting an error message on the screen.

I took out the frunk tub to check the connections and everything seems fine. Has anyone else also experienced this or heard of any similar headlight issues?

I’ve scheduled a mobile service appointment but they can’t get to me in my area until Jan 3rd!!! Ugh

Thanks in advance for any advice

2. ilyak

ilyak Member

I would drive up to the Henrietta, NY (Rochester) SC to see if they can get you in right away. Parts availability might be a factor. You can also try emailing them at [email protected] but replies have been spotty in the past.

3. synon2000

synon2000 New Member

I had similar issue two weeks ago after driving on heavy rain on a country road and a car passing in the other direction splashed lot of water on to my Model 3. After coming back home and parked the car in the car I noticed the diver side head light is out. Going thru user manuals and forums suggestions I did a reboot of the display But it did not light that night. Emailed Tesla Service and booked a mobile appointment - but it would take two more weeks for them to arrive. Fortunately, the next morning, the headlights are back on and so I cancelled the appointment. Do not know the cause, though. Everything is fine since then.