Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took Roadster #157 for Virginia State Inspection last week......
Everything passed except the headlights (low beams) which failed to come on when the rotary switch was turned past the parking lights stop. In fact, rotating the switch to headlight position killed the parking lights as well as the dash instrument lights. I've had this Roadster since this past April and have never driven it after dark so this came as a surprise☹️.
Spoke to a Tesla service tech who'd 'not seen this before;' I'm scheduled for next month for a trip to Tesla in NoVA.
He said it's either the lights themselves, fuses (checked those, #'s 15 & 16 if I remember right: they're fine) or the switch (this seems the most logical to me.)
Any thoughts?

Took Roadster #157 for Virginia State Inspection last week......
Everything passed except the headlights (low beams) which failed to come on when the rotary switch was turned past the parking lights stop. In fact, rotating the switch to headlight position killed the parking lights as well as the dash instrument lights. I've had this Roadster since this past April and have never driven it after dark so this came as a surprise☹️.
Spoke to a Tesla service tech who'd 'not seen this before;' I'm scheduled for next month for a trip to Tesla in NoVA.
He said it's either the lights themselves, fuses (checked those, #'s 15 & 16 if I remember right: they're fine) or the switch (this seems the most logical to me.)
Any thoughts?
What was the resolution?