Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight Protection from UV clouding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing makes a car look old and outdated like headlights that are cloudy and discolored. My garage is not deep enough to put my car new S 90D into without removing my tool cabinets which I love. Therefore I am considering parking my Model S in my driveway and I'm worried about the headlights fogging up and becoming cloudy from UV light. I am sure lots of Tesla owners park their cars outside so I thought I'd ask how are your lights fairing in the sun or any recommendations on how to protect them. I live in Los Angeles so it's quite sunny here,

Mine are covered with xpel ultimate but I haven't seen modern headlights film over from UV decomposition in years. Even my 2009 Prius bought new in 2008 with 240K miles on it hasn't started to cloud over yet.

But my 1995 Lexus SC400 clouded over within 4 years. Easy fix. Rotary buff with liquid rubbing compound and their as clear as when they were new which what I did on the Lexus every 2 or 3 years for the 18 years that I had it.