TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Headlight quirk

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by scaesare, Jun 4, 2013.

1. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Always keep my headlights on "Auto". When I jump in my car in the garage, they typically come on until I pull out in to the sun. My dash & console typically don't go in to night mode, however. (Which is interesting, now that I think about it...)

This morning my headlights came on and the interior displays were in night mode. After pulling out in to the sun, neither reverted. I thought perhaps I had a dirt spot over the sensor, so I squirt/windshield-wipered the windshield. No deal.

Bringing up the controls, I toggled the interior displays to "Day", then back to "Auto", and they then behaved correctly. Tried to do the same toggle trick for the headlights, but they stayed on.

Rebooted center console... no fix. Finally I parked at the store. When I jumped back in, it behaved correctly, with lights being off when in "Auto" on a sunny day.

This is firmware v4.5 (.43 flavor).

2. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

This happened to me today, too! I don't think it's anything to worry about. I've had little quirks with the day/night swtiching on my previous car (370Z) as well.

3. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Interesting, 3rd person who mentioned it happening today.

Date quirk?

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Known bug in 4.5.

5. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Interesting... I've had the same version of 4.5 since I owned it, and first time it's happened.