Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight signature lights failed

Have the signature lights failed on your Model 3

• Both sides failed

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Passenger side failed

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Drivers side failed

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • All good here, lights are fine

Votes: 38 52.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both my signature lights within the first month of getting the car, then the same day after being fixed, they broke again and we had to send the car back. The passenger side broke about 3 months ago, and they replaced both the lights under warranty with a "newer version" Passenger side just failed again today, and we were charged $1600... which is ridiculous given that we have already had these replaced numerous times under warranty.

Both my signature lights within the first month of getting the car, then the same day after being fixed, they broke again and we had to send the car back. The passenger side broke about 3 months ago, and they replaced both the lights under warranty with a "newer version" Passenger side just failed again today, and we were charged $1600... which is ridiculous given that we have already had these replaced numerous times under warranty.
For your model 3? Wondering what kind of environmental conditions your cars sees since you are beating the odds into oblivion. Any excessive vibrations or impacts on your daily route?

For your model 3? Wondering what kind of environmental conditions your cars sees since you are beating the odds into oblivion. Any excessive vibrations or impacts on your daily route?

My model S. Nope, driving is about as regular as it gets, car is super well taken care of never even been in a car wash. I think there's something wrong with the car that keeps rejecting the headlights. When we first got the car, both the signature lights were half turned off, when we picked the car back up after them being fixed, they were still broken. Turns out they were fixed and then broke again while it was waiting to be picked up.

My first replacement (right side) was 00-I. The one just replaced (left side) was 00-K. No idea if it's significant but seems to suggest they are making revisions.

They have made a few revisions. I just rechecked my invoices. My 1’st replacement was 00-G which subsequently failed. It was replaced with 00-I which has been fine now for over a year. They seem to jump letters. Looks like from G to I to K.

Thread resurrection. Replaced my drivers side HL twice in late 2018 from original part # -00-G to upgraded part # -00-I due to the LED strip failure.
2 weeks ago noticed my passenger side strip was out. Mobile service replaced it under warranty this week. Failed part # -00-G to upgraded part # -00-K.

Keep in mind that the 'revisions' we all notice with Tesla part numbers can be as much an actual engineering changes and as little as a change of supplier, or same supplier source factory location.

The incremental alpha-numeric on any of these parts might just signify a supplier, material sourcing or target market difference AND/OR an actual (minor or major) component revision.

It's cryptic on purpose (but also since most users wouldn't know or care) and likely only makes some (if any) sense in Teslas supply chain systems.