Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight signature lights failed

Have the signature lights failed on your Model 3

• Both sides failed

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Passenger side failed

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Drivers side failed

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • All good here, lights are fine

Votes: 38 52.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
A little while ago the passenger side headlight signature lights failed. Tesla sent a ranger who replaced it for me, no issues there.
Now the drivers side has gone out.
I'm curious how many others have seen this.

A little while ago the passenger side headlight signature lights failed. Tesla sent a ranger who replaced it for me, no issues there.
Now the drivers side has gone out.
I'm curious how many others have seen this.
Same exact fact pattern for me. Now I dont know if I want to have them do the drivers’ side quite yet. Have they actually fixed the part? I had to pay to have my passenger side XPEL’d again. If it fails again I won’t be a happy camper.

The drivers’ side failed 4 days after I got the passenger side fixed.

I hadn’t heard of replacements failing before, only that if one went out that the other would likely follow.
When the first one died, the replacement was definitely redesigned, it had a different mounting. Maybe it was improved for reliability.

Not the first thread. I’m on my 2’nd drivers side replacement as of yesterday. NEW par number. Ends in -00-I (as in capital ‘eye’ not 1). My first replacement that failed again ended in -00-G. Check your invoices.

Two addition longer history threads. One here and one on M3OC:

Eyebrow parking "signature" light out on one side

Accent Headlight

UPDATE: A few months in now on the 2’nd replacement with no issues. 2’nd replacement part # ends in -00-I.

My 2016 Model S has a bad DRL/Signature light. The inner edge has turned yellow. My car is over 50K and out of warranty. I wonder if I can get the bulb replaced for less than $1000!!

Attachments

• IMG_0988[1].JPG
    IMG_0988[1].JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 224