Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight, turn signal, wipers dead

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SlimJim

Jul 25, 2019
USA
Last night The driver side headlight died on my way home. This morning the message on the screen said left turn signal not working until service. And also the wipers don’t work anymore. The wipers worked last night but I couldn’t get them to work this morning. I rebooted twice but still no luck. I had to drive my wife’s car to work.The car has 4500 miles and it is six months old so I doubt it is the 12 V battery. Should i get it towed since i cannot drive it in the rain and it rains everyday here.

Last night The driver side headlight died on my way home. This morning the message on the screen said left turn signal not working until service. And also the wipers don’t work anymore. The wipers worked last night but I couldn’t get them to work this morning. I rebooted twice but still no luck. I had to drive my wife’s car to work.The car has 4500 miles and it is six months old so I doubt it is the 12 V battery. Should i get it towed since i cannot drive it in the rain and it rains everyday here.

Maybe mobile service can take a look at it. I wouldnt drive it if the wipers dont work and its possible for it to rain.

I'd make the service request and see how long it takes for a confirmed mobile service appointment.

With a 6 month old car hopefully there will be some pep in Tesla's step.

I'd make the service request and see how long it takes for a confirmed mobile service appointment.

With a 6 month old car hopefully there will be some pep in Tesla's step.

Why are people recommending scheduling an appointment? These are critical required safety features that are inoperable. Either take it directly to the service center without an appointment (if it is safe to do so, ie daytime/not raining), or call roadside.

Reactions: SMAlset
Why are people recommending scheduling an appointment? These are critical required safety features that are inoperable. Either take it directly to the service center without an appointment (if it is safe to do so, ie daytime/not raining), or call roadside.
Oh dear... my Sharks loving friend... surely you have had some experience with Tesla service ?

At the very least he needs to get a service request in the App and on the books.

If he can even get a human to step outside the SC office and talk to him... and potentially take in his car for a look... that would be a coup for the day.

Reactions: outdoors

He could call roadside (that would likely be the best thing to do), but he likely shouldnt drive it for the very reason you said. Those are critical safety features that are not operable, so he shouldnt drive the car.

he would have to get it towed to a service center (which was his question), or get someone to come out and look at it via mobile rangers. Roadside will likely just get a towtruck, which is also possible.

If it were me I would make an appointment via the app, wait about 30 minutes, then call the service center (using the backdoor options to reach a human which is "calling about a car currently in service) and when the human picked up I would explain the situation and ask if they could expedite either mobile service or if they recommended a towtruck.

Thats how I would likely handle it.

Reactions: GeoffEV
Thanks for suggestions.
On the app non working wipers is one of the reasons listed to request roadside assistance. I am requesting it now.
37A7BAE4-CD78-4219-BF6E-1C0A1D26C1A2.png

I Got the car back on Friday. I am happy that it only took one day.
Tesla had provided me $500 Uber voucher while they were working on my car. I used it to have my wife taken to dealer to pick up the car for me while i was at work. The Tesla store is on the other side of the city and also because of my work hours picking up a loaner was not an convenient option. So i drove my wife’s car for two days.
Thank you.