Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlights after parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery on my MS yesterday and couldn't be more excited about it!

I didn't find a post on this but was curious about the option of the headlights staying on after parking. This feature is fantastic for my wife and I as our driveway can be pretty dark at night. Only problem is, they stay on for 1m 40s. Seems like a really long time for auto shut off lights. Is there a setting that I'm missing here or is this the only option for timing?

It's less about the battery and more about leaving the lights on in the driveway for 2 minutes. I live in L.A. so our driveway sits next to the windows of our neighbors house and I just wouldn't appreciate someone's lights being on in their driveway for two minutes. No biggie though just figured I check to see if I was missing a setting there, thanks.

Only problem is, they stay on for 1m 40s. Seems like a really long time for auto shut off lights
If your concern is the additional energy being used by the headlights compared to say, staying on for just 30 seconds, I can assure you that the energy use is inconsequential.
Or do you have some other reason for wanting the headlights to shut off earlier?
---UPDATE--
Sorry, just saw your post made a minute before mine. Now I understand [emoji846]

It's less about the battery and more about leaving the lights on in the driveway for 2 minutes. I live in L.A. so our driveway sits next to the windows of our neighbors house and I just wouldn't appreciate someone's lights being on in their driveway for two minutes. No biggie though just figured I check to see if I was missing a setting there, thanks.

If you click lock on the keyfob, it'll turn the headlights off. But then you gotta find the keyfob, and single click the roof each time you get home.

Took delivery on my MS yesterday and couldn't be more excited about it!

I didn't find a post on this but was curious about the option of the headlights staying on after parking. This feature is fantastic for my wife and I as our driveway can be pretty dark at night. Only problem is, they stay on for 1m 40s. Seems like a really long time for auto shut off lights. Is there a setting that I'm missing here or is this the only option for timing?
Have you ever consider motion sensor lights for your driveway?