TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Headlights always on?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by travwill, Jul 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. travwill

travwill Active Member

Anyone have their headlights always stay on, when in sunlight, started in bright sunlight, night, etc. since this last update I have full low beams, running, and fog lights on all the time. I manually turn them off in the daytime to compensate.

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

First question, what 'last update'? Please either include it or have it in your sig... :D I assume 2018.24.1?

Answer for me, no.... never had that happen. Did you happen to reboot after the firmware was loaded? I (and many others) always do. We've learned that it helps to reset many little issues, even though you'd think the reboot that comes with it would do it.

3. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

i always manually turn mine on during the day for safety...hasn't been standard though.

4. travwill

travwill Active Member

Ah yeah, I'm on 2018.21.9, so hopefully a newer version will fix the issue. Perhaps that one module didn't install properly.

And of course I rebooted ;-) First thing I always try as had Teslas since 2013 and rebooting was the solution a LOT of times ;-)

Oh well, just canvasing to see if anyone else has the issue too. Will see...

5. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

i should say, i'm on: 2018.24.1 12dd099

6. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Headlights always on has always been the case with with Model X and post face lift Model S’s in Canada.

I was told by Tesla it’s some regulatory thing for Canada, but no other manufacturers do this, just parking lights.