Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlights automatically turn on during daylight

NudleBoy

Sep 9, 2020
Ottawa
My headlights are randomly turning on during the daytime when I'm driving. I'll notice both my fogs and headlight go on even though it's super bright out. My headlight settings are on auto. After a while, it'll go off by itself. Anyone else have this issue? Going to book a service appointment, but definitely odd.

Reactions: byeLT4

frankvb

Supporting Member
Feb 29, 2020
San Diego, CA
Were the wipers on? And assuming this is not happening while driving under an overpass, that will switch on the headlights if you're underneath it long enough.

Fog lights should not turn on though unless you've switched them on manually. Not sure if it remembers that setting the next time the headlights come on.

NudleBoy

Sep 9, 2020
Ottawa
Were the wipers on? And assuming this is not happening while driving under an overpass, that will switch on the headlights if you're underneath it long enough.

Fog lights should not turn on though unless you've switched them on manually. Not sure if it remembers that setting the next time the headlights come on.
Not going under overpass or anything. I actually see it on when the suns beaming at the highest point.

byeLT4

Feb 16, 2017
Texas
I've noticed this on my S. 2017 model that I picked up used earlier this year. I almost feel like they come on in certain areas, like auto ride height would, but it does seem more random than anything.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC