Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlights automatically turn on during daylight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My headlights are randomly turning on during the daytime when I'm driving. I'll notice both my fogs and headlight go on even though it's super bright out. My headlight settings are on auto. After a while, it'll go off by itself. Anyone else have this issue? Going to book a service appointment, but definitely odd.

Reactions: byeLT4
Were the wipers on? And assuming this is not happening while driving under an overpass, that will switch on the headlights if you're underneath it long enough.

Fog lights should not turn on though unless you've switched them on manually. Not sure if it remembers that setting the next time the headlights come on.

Were the wipers on? And assuming this is not happening while driving under an overpass, that will switch on the headlights if you're underneath it long enough.

Fog lights should not turn on though unless you've switched them on manually. Not sure if it remembers that setting the next time the headlights come on.
Not going under overpass or anything. I actually see it on when the suns beaming at the highest point.

I've noticed this on my S. 2017 model that I picked up used earlier this year. I almost feel like they come on in certain areas, like auto ride height would, but it does seem more random than anything.