Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlights - everyone thinks I'm on full beam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an early UK M3P which I suspect may have been among the cars that Tesla had to retrofit UK lights to dockside after they shipped from the US.

When I'm driving nearly every other car coming the opposite way flashes thinking I have my full beam on so I'm starting to wonder if the lights were not properly aligned on fitting or if the lights are just so bright that all model 3 drivers get the same level of harassment?

I also get flashed in bright daylight as the auto headlights and wipers are not particularly good so I'm often in a situation where I'm driving along lights on and wipers thrashing on a bright, dry summers day.

Let me know you experience as its really starting to bug me now.

Thanks

Gary

I can testify that auto-wipers and auto-lights are not perfect on many premium car makes but the Tesla implementation is by far the worst I have encountered.

The wipers were improved by the 'AI wipers' update but they seem to have become more and more stupid over time and the auto-headlights are just plain dumb.

Tesla obviously have the capability to tune this in software so I cross my fingers each time a new update comes along.

As it was dark I have just headed outside and auto-levelled my headlights and they have come down an awful lot so they must have been way out. Thanks to holmgang for the pointer.