TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Headlights not turning off

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Mr. Big, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Mr. Big

Mr. Big Member

My headlights remained on for most of the day today in bright sunlight. I have them set to AUTO so I finally turned them off manually. Has anyone else come across this? Is there a sensitivity setting somewhere that I'm missing? I seem to recall there was a thread on this and I did a search but couldn't find it.

2. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

I had that happen to me after I updated to 40.50.5. Only way to get them to shut off initially was to manually turn them off. I did a two wheel reboot later and the problem disappeared. Figured gremlins in the car that need chasing out. ;)

3. ZOMGVTEK

ZOMGVTEK Member

Are you sure it’s the headlights and not the DRL’s?

4. Mr. Big

Mr. Big Member

^^^ The green Low Beam headlight indicator on the touchscreen tells me it's the headlights that are on.

5. swaltner

swaltner Active Member

I noticed that yesterday when I went for a drive in my 3 with 40.50.7 firmware loaded. If it continues on future outings, I figure they’ll address it in the next firmware bump.

6. Teedub21

Teedub21 Member

Mine have always seemed to turn on and off at random during day driving. Seem way too sensitive.

7. Mr. Big

Mr. Big Member

#7 Mr. Big, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    I did a reboot (steering wheel buttons, brake pedal) and all is good now. 40.50.7 firmware. I have to remember Teslas just as much computers as they are cars and a good reboot will often fix things right up.

• Like x 1