Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlights on Auto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like most of you, I've had my headlights set to Auto since the day I picked up my S. About a week ago, I decided to turn off the lights since I do mostly day driving and my headlights only turn on when going under a bridge or pulling into my garage. Next day I noticed that my setting returned to Auto. I turned it off again and it seems to repeatedly default to Auto. Is this normal?

Like most of you, I've had my headlights set to Auto since the day I picked up my S. About a week ago, I decided to turn off the lights since I do mostly day driving and my headlights only turn on when going under a bridge or pulling into my garage. Next day I noticed that my setting returned to Auto. I turned it off again and it seems to repeatedly default to Auto. Is this normal?
I assume you're turning auto on/off in Settings? I don't think that should change unless it's part of a driver profile that is saved but even then it shouldn't work that way.

Owner's Guide pg. 50.
Exterior lights are set to AUTO each time you start Model S. Touch these options to
temporarily change the exterior light setting:

So they always start on AUTO and selecting other settings is temporary until you deselect them or start the car again.

• Informative
Reactions: msnow