Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Headlights on" command not available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So why is it that, after pressing the right scroll wheel and saying "headlights on", a message on the screen says that "headlights on" is not available?

I mean, it recognized that I said "headlights on", and the car has the capability of turning the headlights on, so why not just turn the headlights on instead of giving the message?

The reason for doing this was that it was raining on and off, and the headlights do not appear to turn on when the automatic wipers turn on.

Software version is 2022.4.5.

I am amazed that the headlights do not turn on automatically with the headlights. This is required in 18 states already and a huge safety issue. So now I am trying to get the headlights on while it is raining heavily and I try the voice command and it doesn't work. Now I have to look away from the road to pay attention to the screen to get to the menu to turn on the headlights...VERY frustrating and unsafe in my opinion!

Upvote 0
You should report this to NHTSA !
Just got my Y. On our '15 S 70D the taillight automatic turns on the autowiper activates (law req. DRL in front).
It should be a setting that allows us to ALWAYS have the light (ex. stored in the user profile), and the car should not bug you when you leave the car

Upvote 0