Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlights on with Wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad I found this post, I'm not crazy. I just went on a 3000 mile road trip with my 2021 Model Y (no issues!). During the trip, there were lots of daytime thunderstorms. So, it was not dark enough the engage the lights, but the rain was coming down so hard, I could not see more then a few hundred feet in front of me.

Seems wipers on-lights on programming is a no brainer!

I tweeted Elon for a simple setting. Doubt he’ll respond, but occasionally he does. Headlights are required with wipers on in 18 states, and it’s just safer to have headlights on in inclement weather.
Thanks! I did the same thing, and also mentioned it to Tesla support. Yes, in Pennsylvania and also (I think) New York and New Jersey, you must have headlights on if you run the windshield wipers. It should be a simple option on one of the control screens.

Has that functionality changed?
Screenshot_20220802-194203~3.jpg

my 2009 Tahoe, and brother's 2008 Jeep had this fancy option of "headlights on with wipers".
which is both good for safety, and the law.

it's now 2022, and not a single Tesla does this very basic option.

is it because it doesn't rain in CA?
Sorry to disappoint, but my Model S has done this from day one. True, not so often in CA, but when it rains the wipers come on.