Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlights stay on daytime. 2021.12.25.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it's not common where you live, but here daytime running lights are mandatory. On my car, there's always a portion of the lights that's on even when "the headlights are off" per the automatic system. I think it's the topmost line on my 2020. Are the full headlights on, with the green icon on your screen, or do you just see a portion on, like daytime running lights, without any green icon?

Maybe it's not common where you live, but here daytime running lights are mandatory. On my car, there's always a portion of the lights that's on even when "the headlights are off" per the automatic system. I think it's the topmost line on my 2020. Are the full headlights on, with the green icon on your screen, or do you just see a portion on, like daytime running lights, without any green icon?
Full headlights, green icon

Ah, I've had that since I've had the car, 18 months now. There are moment when the system decides that headlights are required during the day. Probably the sun hitting a camera directly and blinding it, that sort of thing? Anyway, there's nothing negaative about it, lights are on. On my previous ICE cars I had the headlights on all the time anyway.

Reactions: chrstna4