Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlights turning on after parked 2020.48?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated to 2020.48.30 and noticed that my taillights and headlights are turning on in my garage a few minutes after I park and staying on. Sentry is disabled. I turned off the “Headlights after parked” setting, but they still turn back on by themselves 3-4 minutes after parked. I also put my key and phone in the house and just sat and waited and sure enough, all the lights come on and don’t go off. If I lock the doors, the lights flash, but stay on. If I unlock and lock, the lights will go off... but about a few moments later they’re back on.

Any ideas on how to keep this from killing my battery? It’s a 2017 with AP3 and MCU2.

I just updated to 2020.48.30 and noticed that my taillights and headlights are turning on in my garage a few minutes after I park and staying on. Sentry is disabled. I turned off the “Headlights after parked” setting, but they still turn back on by themselves 3-4 minutes after parked. I also put my key and phone in the house and just sat and waited and sure enough, all the lights come on and don’t go off. If I lock the doors, the lights flash, but stay on. If I unlock and lock, the lights will go off... but about a few moments later they’re back on.

Any ideas on how to keep this from killing my battery? It’s a 2017 with AP3 and MCU2.
AP3? Perhaps you mean HW3?
What happens if you manually turn the car off from the console?