Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headliner by windshield sagging bad…also door handle puddle light not working properly, anyone else have these issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my S last week, I knew build quality wouldn’t be up with the German cars I’ve had over the years. I spent time looking at the outside and the panel gaps/paint looks good.

I’ve found 2 issues I’m wondering if anyone else has encountered.

1- The Passenger side headliner droops so much I can see paint through the front windshield. I tried pushing it up and it is very stiff doesn’t appear to be an easy fix.

2- Does anyone have a door handle that doesn’t come out far enough prior to entry for the puddle light to come on? This is obviously small, but shouldn’t come this way. The light comes on when I open the door, as soon as I move the handle a mm or so it comes on, I’m assuming this is a basic adjustment?

Other then those 2 things so far I’m loving the S!!!!!

Attachments

• A53E3758-BD94-466E-99F0-178313C8FAB2.jpeg
    A53E3758-BD94-466E-99F0-178313C8FAB2.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 174
  • CA037DAA-9875-4FF0-9765-C28A4B37306E.jpeg
    CA037DAA-9875-4FF0-9765-C28A4B37306E.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: aerodyne
Great to hear these should be fairly easy fixes. I looked at my wife’s MYP and hers is tucked in really good. I haven’t tried the mobile service is there a certain way to request that?
Service will determine if they can do mobile service or not. Tesla prefers to do mobile service, but it may depend on the number of mobile service techs in your area. Some tasks require going to the service center, but I suspect these two can be handled by mobile service. Just enter your service required from the Tesla app.

Reactions: Carnut12