Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headliner issues on delivery? Be aware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
For the benefit of those still to collect their M3's, something to be aware of...

I picked up my M3P+ in September and it had an issue with the internal headliner, where the black sealant that joins it to the roof glass was poor, and encroaching on the fabric in multiple places. A purely cosmetic issue but indicative of the Q3 mad rush and (lack of) QC issues etc etc.

I took the car on the basis of SC will fix. Seemed logical.

Had all other issues fixed but was awaiting parts to resolve headliner. As it's been a few months I chased and was told the hold up was a new roof glass which had to be authorised by the guys upstairs...

Roof glass? I asked. My roof is fine! In fact it was noted on inspection that I'm a lucky one who's roof is perfect.

So apparently a headliner change involves a "destructive removal" hence the replacement glass. Now worried I wont have a perfect roof after.

Had I known this on collection day, I may just have rejected and joined the back of the queue..... now you know.

Interesting. I’m going in for a headliner replacement next week offering to some damage inflicted by a servicing. They’ve made no mention of any destructive removal. I wonder if you have a special circumstance or if they haven’t just told me that’s what’s happening.

We have a pierce hole in headlining above drivers arm - looks bolt sized - whatever did that was probable responsible for the scratch down inside of windscreen passenger side. Apparently the headlining just pops out, and is dead easy to sort. So I guess it depends where the problem is. Ironically, we are waiting for a repair to an air leak/missing sealant in roof which normally results in a new rook to fix. And I cannot see that they can polish out the scratch in the inside of windscreen - its about 2/3 the height of the windscreen and can feel it with a finger nail. Now I've done a proper clean of the inside of the glass, every time it mists up, you notice more of it. These fixes have been going on for ages and keep being pushed out month by month - it will be 4 months (on top of month+ first service visit) and counting for them to sort these and other issues. Another delay and it will be 6 months+ after delivery.