Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headrest adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one who cannot understand why the headrest is not adjustable manually on the front seats? At my height I have to push the seat back so far I can barely reach the steering wheel so that the headrest glides up to a point it does not dig into my back. In my ideal driving position the headrest is about 3" too low. Surely the ergonomic experts at Tesla understand that people have significant variations in leg length versus torso height and just because you are 6' does not mean that you have the same back height as all other 6 footers. I guess I must just have abnormally short legs since I do not fit the template they have programmed into the position settings.

Reactions: TpGn and Blastphemy
I find this odd as well. Although it hasn't bothered me much personally, it does reek a little of Apple locked-down OS arrogance. You can pull the steering wheel toward you to help with arm reach ..pedals not so much. Hopefully TM will open this up for user adjustment in future SW upgrades.