TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Headrest adjustment

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Epymian, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Epymian

Epymian Member

Am I the only one who cannot understand why the headrest is not adjustable manually on the front seats? At my height I have to push the seat back so far I can barely reach the steering wheel so that the headrest glides up to a point it does not dig into my back. In my ideal driving position the headrest is about 3" too low. Surely the ergonomic experts at Tesla understand that people have significant variations in leg length versus torso height and just because you are 6' does not mean that you have the same back height as all other 6 footers. I guess I must just have abnormally short legs since I do not fit the template they have programmed into the position settings.

• Like x 2
  2. aija SigX 649

aija SigX 649 Winged Lion

I find this odd as well. Although it hasn't bothered me much personally, it does reek a little of Apple locked-down OS arrogance. You can pull the steering wheel toward you to help with arm reach ..pedals not so much. Hopefully TM will open this up for user adjustment in future SW upgrades.

3. X Fan

X Fan Member

Agreed and I wish that the headrest could be moved back a bit....

4. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

Send an e-mail to Tesla requesting the ability to adjust headrests separately from the seat position. If enough people ask, the feature will eventually be implemented.

5. cmd_keen

cmd_keen Member

Tesla probably used the industry "standard" human body models... originally comprised of data from soldiers during WWII. Humans these days are taller (and generally wider) on average then back then.