Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headrest material peeling off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What shampoo?
1619055718037.png
1619055770035.png

Reactions: JohnSnowNW

Thought this might be easily cross-referenced with what other people have used that have issues...but this doesn't seem as straightforward as I was hoping. The ingredients list is...extensive.

I did same - eBay.

i did find a local shop that would redo it for something like $180 and said it would never happen again. I’ll probably go that route if my 2nd one fails.
There’s a place not far from my home that I’m sure would charge much less than that. I may just go ahead and have them do it now to keep on hand, just in case I end up needing it in the future.

I haven't read all the posts, so forgive me if I state something that has already been covered. I don't think this is due to any hair product. We used to have a pathfinder (full leather) and this would always happen to 1 seat in particular. Looked greasy. I would clean it, but then it would show up again (without anyone driving the car). Found out later that it was the adhesive that was used to "glue" down the leather. Somehow it was breaking down and seeping through. This could be the same issue or maybe something with the foam.

My 2018 M3 warranty is up later this month and I am starting to see signs of this on my car too.

We just use normal shampoo and I use a small amount of hair gel most days, very little on the back of my head.

Tesla said it was an “external influence” and not covered. That’s pretty comical!

Does anyone know of a good headrest cover? I have only seen whole seat covers which I’m not interested in.

My 2018 M3 warranty is up later this month and I am starting to see signs of this on my car too.

We just use normal shampoo and I use a small amount of hair gel most days, very little on the back of my head.

Tesla said it was an “external influence” and not covered. That’s pretty comical!

Does anyone know of a good headrest cover? I have only seen whole seat covers which I’m not interested in.
I had a local leather shop say they could make one. A place that does leather steering wheel, suitcases, purse, etc repairs.

I’m a bit surprised there isn’t an easy source. Guess it isn’t that prevalent.

Reactions: TBrownTX