TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Headrest settings not saving v.17.11.10

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by kewina178, Apr 5, 2017.

1. kewina178

kewina178 Member

Has anyone adjusted their front headrests, saved the headrest position, but find it doesn't actually save?

After updating to 17.11.10, I've adjusted the front headrests and saved the settings. Usually it'll save that headrest setting for the rest of the day. But the following morning when I get back into the car, the headrest is always back to its full upright default position, and didn't save where I had set it.

Anyone else notice this?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Stupid question, but are you sure it's picking up/have you selected your profile from the screen when you get back in? There was an issue with profiles not getting 'set' on entry sometimes....

That would separate saving it to your profile from setting the profile at all.

3. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

The "set on entry" as you mention, might not be working for me. I've FOB opened the driver door to trigger the "set on entry", no luck.

BUT when I select my profile manually on screen, the headrest and everything has remembered the saved setup just fine.

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Hm, there were other threads on this, that all of a sudden profiles weren't getting 'executed'. Have to check then out!

5. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Probably that, but my SO does not use my MX, so this situation does not present.
    I'll read those threads, thanks!

6. kewina178

kewina178 Member

Yea it's definitely picking up my profile as all my other settings are there, including lumbar support settings being saved. But from one day to the next, the headrest settings go back to default.

Also looked in the profile settings that the following items are saved and maybe headrest hasn't been programmed or added to the list yet.

Not a big deal but worth reporting the bug since it obviously asks you to save to profile after you set the headrest but doesn't seem to save.

Attached Files:

7. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Interesting: So if you set all kinds of wrong seat/mirror/headrest settings and DO NOT SAVE. Then leave the car and do a FOB entry somehow with any door or trunk/frunk click, then enter your seat. All my settings do not set to my profile, but once I manually restore, they are good including headrest. I'm wondering if headrest remembering is OK, but profile is not, when FOB defines it.

8. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

I couldn't adjust drivers side but passenger side was adjustable. However, the screen disappears very quickly and it only went fully up or fully down.

Anyone figure how to get finer adjustments?

9. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I hate to ask this, where is the headrest adjustment page?

10. mr10012

mr10012 Member

IIRC it comes up as a pop-up (if your seats support it) when you adjust the lumbar support using the buttons in the side of the seat.

• Helpful x 1
  11. DougH

DougH Active Member

I got this update today. I wish the headrest went higher.

12. kewina178

kewina178 Member

discovered the headrest IS saving to my profile, but somehow when I get into the car each day, all other profile settings are intact except for the headrest. If I move a side view mirror or lumbar support and the screen asks to "Restore" to my profile settings, by hitting Restore, that moves the headrest back to where I had previously saved it.

Not sure if I'm missing something else here...b/c all other profile settings remain intact (seats/mirrors/lumbar, etc except headrest). Again not a big deal but just a nuisance.

13. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Okay, I moved both the driver's and passenger seats, every which way possible, and I'm getting nothing on the main screen for adjusting headrest or lumbar. I even did a main screen reboot and it didn't help. Anyone else have any suggestions? TIA

14. kewina178

kewina178 Member

Are you on 17.11.10? Just by adjusting the lumbar, you should see a pop-up on the screen asking if you want to adjust the headrest or lumbar

• Like x 1
  15. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Thanks. I wasn't using the lumbar, just the backrest and seat. I'll try the lumbar...

16. Allante

Allante Member

@kewina178: My X is behaving exactly like yours: after I manually adjust the headrest setting and click "save" on my profile, that setting is remembered temporarily, until I power off. When I return, the headrest setting returns to the original setting, not the manual setting. Clicking "restore" does not solve the problem.

This is clearly a bug that needs to get fixed. The headrest setting is not part of the user profile settings.

17. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Make sure you report this to Tesla. These bugs won't get fixed if they don't know about it.

18. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

While overnite, my headrest does migrate to "all up position", but restoring my profile anytime, always remembers my saved head rest height and everything else I think.
    Sensing FOB and restoring it's paired profile seems not to be working for me.

|v8.1(17.11.10)| AP2 |

19. mahenraina

mahenraina New Member

Hi
    I have the same issue with my MS. Did you find a solution to this?

20. kewina178

kewina178 Member

Nope, reported the issue and they responded that it's a known issue, hopefully resolved in future update. In the meantime, only hack is to move one of the mirrors or the seat position, hit Restore, it'll restore the headrest position...at least for the rest of that day.