TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

headroom and legroom

Discussion in 'Model S' started by onlinespending, Oct 3, 2011.

1. onlinespending

As a 6'5" Model S reservation holder headroom and legroom are pretty key for me. Can anyone that attended the beta event this past weekend comment on the roominess of the car?

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I'm 6'3" so close but there was plenty of room. I didn't even think about it but I'm sure you'll be fine. They'll start offering rides at the various stores in winter and then actual test drives in the spring according to a Tesla employee I talked to at the event.

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I'm 6'0" and had no problems in the back. Saw plenty of taller people and "ahem" larger folk who seemed to get in and out with no problem.

4. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Yes, oodles of leg space everywhere. In the back, it was almost bench-in-a-minivan-like roomy - close to a BMW 7 or a Lexus LS. Given no drive shaft, up front, the driver and passenger can play footsie if they want to ;)

5. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

6'0" and a big (husky) guy. I fit and had room to spare.

6. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

I'm 1.82m (almost 6'0") and had more than enough room in the back! There is plenty of room in the S.

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

My wife rode in the back, she's 6'2" and said she was fine

8. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight _____ P85 #549 _____ Sig Red / Sig White

I am 6'4" and I got to sit in every seating position and found that I could fit pretty well. What I did not get to do was play with the seat adjustments so I'm guessing there is even more room on tap for tall people. I was greatly encouraged when I saw Franz von Holzhausen (the Chief Designer) who has to be 6'5" especially when you count his hair.

9. onlinespending

That's great to hear. Thanks for sharing guys!

10. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

6'2", I had tons of space.

11. mt2

mt2 Member

Really?! I bet I can list two seats you won't fit in.

12. rabar10

rabar10 FFE until Model 3

Nice child jumpseat reference. Guessing he's not <10 years old at 6'4", heh. Guessing he also wouldn't fold up into the frunk like the guy at the event did either... :biggrin:

13. Tommy

Tommy Member

I will preface my comments by stating I am 6'1'' and much taller in the torso than most. I sat in the backseat and headroom was just fine, however I found getting out of the car problematic; my foot hit the bottom of the door panel trying to exit to the point of having to use my hand to help exit. I noticed the panel was very thick on the bottom, which is the part my foot hit. I assume the valet opened the door completely for me to exit; either the door needs to open more or the inside panel needs to be thinner at the bottom (or I need some yoga exercises!). I was in the black beta car. I read that the inside of the black beta was not a "refined" as the other two betas being demonstrated.

Anyone else have any of these issues/comments?

14. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I've posted elsewhere that I had the same problem getting out of the back seat. I'm only 5' 10" but can't read a Roadster speedometer, but the problem was my feet, not my torso. They are about a foot long, with shoes. No problem getting out of the front. I was in the Red car.

15. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

The black car had loose carpets in the back and they moved about too much. Needed some double-sided tape.

16. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight _____ P85 #549 _____ Sig Red / Sig White

You are correct! I did not sit in the jump seats! I think only Elon's boys got to sit back there.

17. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Difficulty getting in the back seat in the foot area. Passenger side red car. Possibly my approach. I had a heavy camera bag.

18. Tommy

Tommy Member

#18 Tommy, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
    I was carrying around some extra weight also. I can assure you, it wasn't a camera bag he says tongue in cheek.

19. Leafer

Leafer New Member

I'm 5'8" and there was no room for me! At all. I couldn't get into any of the cars.

I couldn't attend the event. :cursing:

20. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Well theres your problem.