TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Headroom in non-sunroof car.

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by EriCal, Apr 26, 2014.

1. EriCal

EriCal Member

How does the headroom in a non-sunroof car compare to a sunroof car? More head room? Less?

The Sunroof cars have a 'bulge" between the outer edges of the sunroom and the tops of the door jambs. Is this 'bulge' present on a non-sunroof car??

I have not been able to look at a non-sunroof car.

Thanks,

Eric

2. leshore

leshore Member

There is more headroom with the pano. If you have tall back seat passengers, you will want the pano roof.

3. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

I think there is better headroom in the non-sunroof version for the driver. As you noted there is a huge bump to the side. My head is not normally in that area but I didn't like it. There is more clearance with sunroof where the glass is located. Bought non-sunroof and am delighted with that selection. I am 6' 1" with 30" inseam so I have a bit longer back than some of my height.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

At 6'2" with 32" inseam I have plenty of space above my head when sitting up front in my non-sunroof S. Don't like sunroofs in general and am glad not to have one in my S.

5. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

How is the head and leg room for you when sitting in the back with the front seat set for your height? Thx.

6. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

I'm 6'6" and have driven both - my pano for over a year and a non-pano rental Model S for a week. Both have enough headroom for me. The non-pano has slightly less overall but is more even. The pano has more headroom except for the left most edge, where it has less. But sitting normally my head doesn't hit the edge. The non-pano has considerably less headroom for rear seat passengers.

7. tezco

tezco Sig P85

+1 The difference is more apparent in the back seat where that extra inch makes all the difference.

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I don't sit in the back, I sit behind the steering wheel :)

I have sat in the back once, briefly. Could not sit fully upright. The back is not a good place for people over six feet.

9. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Definitely. It's ok if you sit up but try and lean back and your head hits the ceiling.

I hope with the next major redesign they can address this but that won't be for many years.

10. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.