Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headroom in the various roof options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6' 4" here. The only Model S I've driven was one we rented for a couple of days, and it had the full glass roof. That's really the one I'd like to get, but I may have been priced out over the last couple of months as I've noticed 75Ds going for thousands of dollars extra.

But regardless of that, I'm curious what everyone's experience has been in the full glass, sunroof and metal roofs. How do the sunroof and body-colored roofs compare to the full glass one in terms of headroom?

Maybe I'll get an older Model S. Or wait for the price of the 2018 75D to come down.

I remember test driving a pre facelift S with the sunroof. I am 6' 4". My head just hit the center cross-bar when the seat was back in my "comfort" position. I now have a 2020 full glass roof. There is no barrier on the roof, and headroom is plentiful for all ranges of the front seats. I have never been in one with the steel roof, but it must be thicker than the glass roof if it has a liner and all.

Reactions: coalesce99
6' 4" here. The only Model S I've driven was one we rented for a couple of days, and it had the full glass roof. That's really the one I'd like to get, but I may have been priced out over the last couple of months as I've noticed 75Ds going for thousands of dollars extra.

But regardless of that, I'm curious what everyone's experience has been in the full glass, sunroof and metal roofs. How do the sunroof and body-colored roofs compare to the full glass one in terms of headroom?

Maybe I'll get an older Model S. Or wait for the price of the 2018 75D to come down.
Used prices of everything are up right now. EVs, ICE cars, probably even motorcycles (I haven't checked those, since I never learned to ride.)

I posted yesterday a few example P85Ds which were going for more than I paid for my P85DL 27 months ago, and they're all double the mileage or more: Trade-In Valuation in Progress
Edit: found and added link to the post. All still for sale and they've come down a couple hundred bucks from yesterday due to Tesla's games with prices.