TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Headroom Question

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Pantera Dude, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

I am 6'2" and about 175 lbs. Is the roadster likely to be big enough for me with a soft or hard top in place?

Thanks

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

There are owners up to 6'5" but that's probably at the upper limit. You'll be fine with the soft top or hard top at that height. Many taller people take the visors off which helps. They just slide off.

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I agree. I'm 6'0" and have plenty of room with either top.

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

It shouldn't matter for you, but you get a little bit more clearance with the soft top than the hard top. I only know this because I've driven the car with a helmet on (autocross) and I have a long torso for my height.

5. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

Sounds good! Thanks guys.

6. Dragon

Dragon Lightning Green Fairytale

I'm 6'3". No problems fitting into the car and no great visibility issues. It's a must to take the visors off, but I think everyone should do that. Leg room is no problem either.

7. Bifff67

Bifff67 Member

They just slide off? DOH! So i don't have to get the neck ache from ducking down to watch the stoplight? I love these forums, thanks everyone.

8. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

At 6'3", no problem. You just drive looking over the top of the windshield like Mr Schwarzenegger, right?

9. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

I'm about 6'2" and 225lbs … and much as I'd like to say that’s all muscle, its probably more doughnut related than working out. But even so I can slot right into a Roadster and the chassis hasn’t collapsed just yet !

If, as your name implies, you can fit in an original Pantera you will definitely be ok in a Roadster. I've repeatedly tried to drive Pantera's but despite all my best origami efforts folding up my legs, I cannot get into any kind of safe driving position. So, all those DeTomaso posters I had on my bedroom wall as a kid turned out to be in vain …

10. SByer

SByer '08 #383

Yup, and if you're careful, a bit of heat shrink tubing of the right size and a heat gun (and keeping the heat low and off of the windshield edges!!) can make the little pins disappear as well.

11. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

Yes I've been a Pantera owner for almost 15 years and I do fit comfortalby but that is with dropped floor pans, without them, it was not acceptable for me though there are other taller guys than myself that do manage with the stock car.
    Thanks