Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heads Up Display Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the power measurements are all on powertain bus. Maybe there is a UI element on chassis that might be similar.
It's why I've been developing a dual bus solution, we we have everything we want at once.
Display /bargraph update frequency with one piece of data, maybe 10Hz. If you do text instead it slows down quickly due to the font drawing code. But single signal is very fast. You can also specify additional delay which is default at 100ms.

• Informative
Reactions: Lozzy and srk67
There's a couple different ways to run USB for power, I show some examples in the install video:

:
JWardwell - this is awesome stuff.

Keeping an eye on this… two quick suggestions:

1. instead of routing it to USB, seems easier just to route the cord to the frunk thru the dash panel gap on side (similar to some power trunks) and hooking it up to the 12v battery. though I bet that would add a challenge of when to power on/off and not kill the battery ;)

2. the way i position my steering wheel and seating position the gap isnt easily visible. ideally would love if it used the vent as a position hook of sorts but just projects backwards/upwards to the windshield - making the position much higher.

JWardwell - this is awesome stuff.

Keeping an eye on this… two quick suggestions:

1. instead of routing it to USB, seems easier just to route the cord to the frunk thru the dash panel gap on side (similar to some power trunks) and hooking it up to the 12v battery. though I bet that would add a challenge of when to power on/off and not kill the battery ;)

2. the way i position my steering wheel and seating position the gap isnt easily visible. ideally would love if it used the vent as a position hook of sorts but just projects backwards/upwards to the windshield - making the position much higher.

They're designed for the vents, but you can mount them anywhere you want.
I never recommend powering anything from the 12v battery, the car tracks all power in and out and will cause errors when things don't add up. Plus these are 5v. Existing USB ports are easiest, or you can tap the accessory circuit in the A pillar and use a USB adapter. Or even a battery pack if you want.
I still need to get moving on larger display options.

Finally got apple CarPlay which I was missing from my BMW

Attachments

• 0A25AEC3-7073-4873-8F2B-2F06F16618AB.jpeg
    0A25AEC3-7073-4873-8F2B-2F06F16618AB.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 230
  • D6B365A3-0555-414A-B8D4-5EC405E4EBC3.jpeg
    D6B365A3-0555-414A-B8D4-5EC405E4EBC3.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 8DC92673-06AA-4047-BA97-3D32F2077F57.jpeg
    8DC92673-06AA-4047-BA97-3D32F2077F57.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 198
Has anyone tried this?

Seem like a clean option but not sure if anyone has tried it yet.
Agreed looks nice but for that amount of money I would be very concerned about the supplier's ability to update their FW in case Tesla changes the bus data encoding and it stops working (probability of which is 100% IMHO just don't know how long it will take).

Has anyone tried this?

Saw a YouTube video on it yesterday from Evan Michiels. Looks fairly nice and does give you the ability to update the firmware on it. However, the installation looks fairly complicated. I'll likely move my Hudway Drive to my Tesla once I receive it.

Has anyone tried this?

It looks badly designed in details. Fonts, corners, lines. It makes interior looks worse, for sure.

And it's not a HUD, it's a dashboard with display.