Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heads Up Display Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody have a link to a video tutorial on how to route a cable from one of these devices, to the driver's door A-pillar, down underneath the dash, and then into a USB outlet in the center console? If I'm going to do this, I think I want the cable hidden.

If there are no videos, does anyone know how to take off the plastic covers on the left side of the dash near the A-pillar?

Just received the Hansshow HUD. Installation was pretty simple, note that I already had experience routing cables around the interior.

Pros:
- shows the exact same speed as the main screen, unlike GPS-based which is often lagging (and sometimes waiting to pick up the location)
- display image is good quality, no distortions or double reflections etc.
- plugs in and powers from the CAN bus so doesn't use a 12V or USB socket

Cons:
- Speed display is fairly small, it's acceptable but larger would have been better
- Display is low unlike the ones that reflect off the windshield itself
- Gear display seems to always show 'P' - doesn't really matter as it's tiny, main screen is more convenient to check that

Overall verdict - I think I will keep it due to the speed being accurate. Not entirely convinced that $212 is good value-for-money though.

Hello Jwardell- I am interested in the set up you have on the full display, I am watching how this progresses, very well done!! Is this pretty easy to see from the seat position, from the video it looks a little small.. But very well done!!!

Despite being small they are surprisingly readable. And you can place them wherever you want if you want something close like your steering column or up closer to the windshield.

Thanks JW I really like your design, this is my first real year with reading glasses, so I was worried I would not be able to see the display properly. Thank you for taking the time to reply... Good luck with the product

I also have support for alphanumeric LEDs (they wouldn't fit in air vent) if you want something larger. And maybe considering some larger display in the future if I had the interest. If you have thoughts or requests, let me know.

Reactions: RobDeBank
Pictures please!

I haven't hidden the power cable yet. I will swap it with a black one, too.
20200912_103556.jpg
20200912_103628.jpg

Last edited:
@JWardell Any way you can make the cable coming out of the display more aesthetics? If you can have it plug in behind the display and use a flat usb cable, you could probably make it basically invisible in the vent. Also, if you can tap directly into a switched power source in the driver footwell, you couldn't have to route the usb cable that far and it would look more oem

@JWardell Any way you can make the cable coming out of the display more aesthetics? If you can have it plug in behind the display and use a flat usb cable, you could probably make it basically invisible in the vent. Also, if you can tap directly into a switched power source in the driver footwell, you couldn't have to route the usb cable that far and it would look more oem

Agreed. Even with a black cable, the connector and cable are very visible.