Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heads up display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See Model 3 HUD discussions from 2016. Pretty much the same discussion will take place here.

"No way I'll buy it without!" (But they still bought one)
"No need for it.. Musk is visionary in his minimalism!"
"But I have to look waaaaaay over there!"
"The (name random car) has been doing this for a decade!"

You're welcome. I saved you 462 pages of discussion to read through. ;)

I believe HUD has value for some buyers but not a lot of them. With the Tesla model of having standard hardware in all cars, and turning on features via software, it may not make money sense to install the hardware for only a few buyers. However, I'd buy if it was a factory option on the Cybertruck.

I have an aftermarket HUD in both my Jeep and in my Model 3.

I use it all the time in the Jeep and love it. The factory speedo's font is too small and it takes several seconds for my eyes to read the speed vs. a bit faster on the HUD.

I very seldom use it in my Model 3. I find I usually use AP for the majority of my daily drive. Looking at the factory centre screen is more convenient while I scan my surroundings vs. looking and focusing dead ahead. But I keep the HUD installed for when I want to push the car and really drive. It's easier to read my speeds when I can't take my eyes away from the road.