Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hear of Travers Ridge Racing wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not found any info regarding Traverse Ridge Racing on TMC
www.traverseridgeracing.com

This happens to be their 20" True Turbine Tesla wheel

Anyone purchase? Quality? Thoughts?

Travers.jpg

Attachments

• Travers.jpg
    Travers.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Honestly it is really really hard to mess up wheels these days. Get whatever looks good and is within specs ranges you can verify fit.

I am running two identical sets of cheap imported wheels. They look fine, fit how I wanted. My wife hit a big pothole and bent two of them—forged wheels would have likely survived, but at my $200 each I accepted what I had.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
They state they are forged wheels. I thought that was the best way to produce strong wheels????????
The $3,600 ones are forged and aren't particularly light.
The $1,600 ones are cast.
The fact that they are trying to advertise cheap cast wheels as if they are "similar to flow forming" is misleading, and their website is full of marketing puffery such as "super popular" despite the fact they don't charge sales tax anywhere which means they haven't sold much yet.

They're likely fine wheels if you like the looks. $400 is a bit expensive for cast wheels, but whatever. Not a lot of people actually need $900/ea forged wheels. If you love the way they look and are OK with the price they will be fine. If you care about cost and performance, there are probably better options.

The $3,600 ones are forged and aren't particularly light.
The $1,600 ones are cast.
The fact that they are trying to advertise cheap cast wheels as if they are "similar to flow forming" is misleading, and their website is full of marketing puffery such as "super popular" despite the fact they don't charge sales tax anywhere which means they haven't sold much yet.

They're likely fine wheels if you like the looks. $400 is a bit expensive for cast wheels, but whatever. Not a lot of people actually need $900/ea forged wheels. If you love the way they look and are OK with the price they will be fine. If you care about cost and performance, there are probably better options.

Really thanks for the input

You make me rethink

By the way, what is flow-formed wheels?

I talked to Traverse Ridge Racing today

I was told their forged True Turbine wheels weighs 26 lbs. and it can designed anyway that's wanted

If I go with them, they recommended going with 20x8.5 with an off-set of 27 using a 245.35.20 tire

Or I can have it 20x9, 20x10 or whatever. Also they can put on a knurled bead around the wheel to keep the tire from ever twisting which at 81 years old, I'll probably never need BUT who knows.

Costs $3600 but I have looked at forged wheels that cost from $5500-$7000. Now, those are expensive

What's your goal? 20x8.5 with a 245 tire is just basically what comes on the performance cars stock. You could grab a set of the original performance wheels, have them coated black, and have a set for about $1400.

There are places in Asia such as Jova wheels that will do full custom forged wheels for about $1500-$2000 a set.

But again, nobody can help you if we don't know your goals. Weight? Tire width? Maximum handling? Looks? Impact resistance?

Reactions: Lindenwood
What's your goal? 20x8.5 with a 245 tire is just basically what comes on the performance cars stock. You could grab a set of the original performance wheels, have them coated black, and have a set for about $1400.

There are places in Asia such as Jova wheels that will do full custom forged wheels for about $1500-$2000 a set.

But again, nobody can help you if we don't know your goals. Weight? Tire width? Maximum handling? Looks? Impact resistance?

I have performance wheels, 20x9 with 235.35.20 now

I use spacers, 18 in front, 25 in rear, I like the look. So, I guess that's it. I like the look but it's hard to find any good tire shop that will work on my car because of the spacers.

I also like the look of the Tesla Uberturbine rims. The rims on this web site look like Tesla rims, are lighter, and I can have 20x8.5 vs 9" with 245 vs 235 which will produce a slightly higher side wall and possibly softer ride. And because I can determine the off set of the wheels, I will have the look I want and tire shops will again work on my car

A few days ago, I got a nail in one tire. No shop would fix it because of the spacers. I found an off the wall shop that did fix it but caused a couple dents in the rim which they will fix.

With the rims on the above web site, I will have the look I want, lighter rims and tire places will again look at my car

I guess that why I considering