Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heard at the Service Center . . .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other problem we have had looking for charging stations in unfamiliar locations with parking garages is that the navigation system can't or doesn't make it clear which level of a garage you want. Plus, once you are inside a garage, it is sometimes harder for the car to communicate with the satellites, so it can lose track of where you are. There is hardly ever a sign directing us to a charging locations (either Tesla superchargers or public chargers), which would help considerably.

PlugShare is hugely helpful in this regard - usually there’s a note with the location. Hard to do when you’re driving, of course, but if you have a copilot or can pull over for a bit then it’s great. For example, the Cambridge MA supercharger has a whole paragraph describing how to find it.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
@David29 -- Tesla gave me a tip when I was looking for a SC in the middle of a shopping center. Normally, the SC are along the perimeter of parking lots. This one was strangely in the middle of the parking lot, along one of the parking isles. Called the 800# and they told me the location, but also gave me a tip. With the car in park, you can change to Google Earth mode -- Expand the screen (un-pinch) to show your location with the SC location. Much more detail than you normally get with the Traffic Mode. I did that and found the SC in 1 Minute. I have used for other SC i.e.: behind hotels, restaurants, etc. Give it a try.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: HandleX and David29