Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hearing super conflicting advice about battery charging levels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appreciate the advice @AAKEE

I’ve been correcting people on the TeslaModel3 subreddit. Everyone there still spouts “charge to 80” and “don’t let it get below 20”

Because of you, I’ve been charging to 50% on weekdays. I plug in everyday (I’m not sure if this is best but saw that Tesla recommends keeping it plugged daily and the limit you can set is 50%).

I usually set to 60-80% on weekends, just to have more flexibility.

5 days out of the week it’s at 50%, 2 days usually above 50% up to 80%. For road trips I do 95%. Usually I will charge to 90% and in the morning do the remainder 5%. Not sure if that matters

Appreciate the advice @AAKEE

I’ve been correcting people on the TeslaModel3 subreddit. Everyone there still spouts “charge to 80” and “don’t let it get below 20”

Because of you, I’ve been charging to 50% on weekdays. I plug in everyday (I’m not sure if this is best but saw that Tesla recommends keeping it plugged daily and the limit you can set is 50%).

I usually set to 60-80% on weekends, just to have more flexibility.

5 days out of the week it’s at 50%, 2 days usually above 50% up to 80%. For road trips I do 95%. Usually I will charge to 90% and in the morning do the remainder 5%. Not sure if that matters

This is a good routine for a mild climate. I do exactly the same for trips -- the last few percent of charging before the drive starts.

Since I live in a 4 season climate I lower my daily charge limit in the summer, and bump it up in the cold winter months when it is less of a stressor and I use more energy due to heating

Last edited:
Reactions: AAKEE