Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Heat Blocking Window Films: 3M Crystalline and Suntek CXP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you live in Florida, I'm sure there has been a time you got into your car after a long hot day and actually felt like you stepped into a sauna. Ever burned your hand trying to put on your seat belt before?

Well fortunately it doesn't have to be this way! The best way to keep the heat out and keep your car cool is to install a quality window film that is designed for that reason.

We offer two different films that serve this purpose. These films are Suntek Carbon CXP Ceramic, and 3m Crystalline.

Suntek Carbon CXP Ceramic Window Film blocks 44-56% Solar Energy & has 99% UV Rejection.

Not enough heat blockage for you? Step it up a notch to the best heat blocking film on the market, 3M Crystalline.

3M Crystalline not only blocks 50-56% of Solar Energy and has a 99% UV Rejection Rate, but it also blocks 97% of Infrared Heat (which is the heat you actually feel from the sun). The combination makes this film the best money can buy to keep your car cool.

Here are some examples of the different shade options for each type of film:

As you can see, especially in the lighter Crystalline Films, the tint has a slight bluish hue to it. The CXP Ceramic Series is more of a black or dark grey shade.

cr40-t-1024x768.jpg

3M Crystalline 40

cr40-1024x768.jpg

3M Crystalline 40
cr40-te-1024x768.jpg

3M Crystalline 70
cr70-tesla-1024x683.jpg

3M Crystalline 70
cr70-1024x683.jpg

3M Crystalline 70
DSC_0376-1024x681.jpg

2 Front Windows are Suntek CXP Ceramic 35
DSC_0395-1024x681.jpg

2 Front Windows are Suntek CXP Ceramic 35, Back Windows are Factory Smoked Glass
DSC_0544-1024x681.jpg

3M Crystalline 90 Including Windshield
DSC_0571-1024x681.jpg

3M Crystalline 90 Including Windshield

Pricing for the different films are as follows.

Suntek Ceramic film - $275.00

Suntek Ceramic windshield - $125.00

Suntek Ceramic Panoramic Roof $125.00

3M Crystalline - $600.00

3M Crystalline Windshield - $250.00

3M Crystalline Panoramic Roof - $250.00

If purchase all we can discounted to $1000.00

Call us if you have any questions on the different window films we offer or to schedule an appointment! 813-505-3868

I just got my Model S back after an AC issue after delivery - so, I am planning the tint to be done this Friday. It came down to price for me - the Huper Optic was reasonable but the installer wanted more $ for the Ceramic or Photosync - easily 2x the price. I think the Huper Optic non ceramic was reasonable. I am picking the Suntek CIR - ceramic since this installer has done 10 Teslas in the last year...and the Tesla Geeks guys here in TX recommended them. I am going for 35% since the wife acceptance factor is key here - she did not want dark windows from the inside looking out.

Hello.
We mainly install the Suntek and 3M window films. The Suntek CIR is a great film especially for the price point. Huper Optic has been a few years since we have installed the film. To be honest any of the higher end films are great, I would look for the best installer that is going to be around for the long term and can be there for you in case of any issues.

Happy 4th.