Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat Indicator on Tesla App homepage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering what the heat indicator to the right of the battery icon within the app and the yellow progress bar represent. My car was left outside, not charging, and the cabin wasn't preheating. The fan icon is not active and checking the climate screen in the app showed that the car's cabin wasn't heating (everything was disabled).

Does the car warm the battery if it gets too cold outside?

nhrxc5k.png

I think orange means it is taking power directly from the grid, (bypassing the battery) and I think the heating icons means it is heating up the battery.
The car is doing some car things to keep it ok probably.
I've never seen or heard this. But if it's true seems like Tesla might have told us about it. Is it that hard for them to give us a tutorial about this new information?!

Upvote 0
Those are seat heater indicators. Do you have climate control set to auto?
The climate/seat heaters are on auto but I checked the climate screen and confirmed at the time none of the seats were heating and the air was off.

I think orange means it is taking power directly from the grid, (bypassing the battery) and I think the heating icons means it is heating up the battery.
The car is doing some car things to keep it ok probably.
The car wasn't plugged in - when I plug it in, the car's preview image shows a cable routing to the charge port.

I've never seen or heard this. But if it's true seems like Tesla might have told us about it. Is it that hard for them to give us a tutorial about this new information?!
I'm thinking this is the case? It is a newer year too, not sure if this is new feature with the 2022 Model 3s.

Upvote 0
Another thread with more information about the "bacon strips"

Upvote 0