Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat pump acoustic cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone record the noise of the pump on their phone. Place the phone near passenger vent at the front for consistent measurement between people and post your clips. I’ll do the same. I can’t hear my heat pump from the inside at all, but outside it’s pretty loud. Car built this week.

how is the noise with the blanket?
I was wondering the same thing. How is that flimsy blanket doing any kind of noise damping? I mean they are going through the effort (and expense) of putting one so clearly there is a reason but I just fail to understand if the effort is worth it. I really doubt if that blanket does any significant level of noise damping.

Do you have the ODB2 App Scan My Tesla? If so, can you give the "Full Pack When New" value?

I have 77.8 kWh on my M3D, but I don't have this sticker.

Note: If I remember, the sticker used to have the build date.

I don't have that app. If the MY had an OBD-ii port handy, I'd get the app. I already have a Bluetooth OBD-II adapter. I think the MY is like the M3 though. For me, it's not worth buying a special cable, pulling off the bottom of the rear console, and inserting a 3rd party adapter inline a critical cable.

I just had my homelink installed. During the installation, the tech checked and i do not have the "shroud" (tech's term) installed (vin 12xxx, June 18 delivery).

He told me that he expects Tesla will be sending out a bulletin to those with early deliveries and people can schedule to have the shroud retrofitted.

I will take anything to reduce noise, but i only hear the noise when i am outside the car. When it is noisy, the fan is running and i cannot really hear anything inside the car. For this reason, i will await the bulletin.

• Informative
Reactions: ppc750
The tech installing my homelink today said that he expects Tesla to issue a bulletin to retrofit the shroud to any cars that did not come off the line with it.

Maybe if you complain, you can get to the front of the line, but i am waiting fro the bulletin. It is not an issue that bothers me every time i drive the car.

Does anyone know when Tesla will start supplying the heat pump insulator to the SCs for installation on existing Model Y? I love my Model Y but Tesla’s poor communication is a bit frustrating. I tried to contact the advisor I worked with for my delivery but he is very slow to respond to my emails. Any suggestions how I can better communicate with my service center (Charlotte, NC). Thanks

I tried contacting the service center, they looked up my VIN (5xx) and told me it is not one of the VIN's that qualify for a insulator. Seems like a load of bull when all new Model Y's are fitted with the insulator. They did say to bring it in and the technician will test to see if it is too loud, only then will they order and install the insulator.

I tried contacting the service center, they looked up my VIN (5xx) and told me it is not one of the VIN's that qualify for a insulator. Seems like a load of bull when all new Model Y's are fitted with the insulator. They did say to bring it in and the technician will test to see if it is too loud, only then will they order and install the insulator.
Hmmm. According to Munro (episode 13), Elon told him they were going to address the noise by retrofitting all Ys with the insulator. I also just saw this post. Tesla Begins Model Y Heat Pump Noise Cancellation Retrofits. Kinda answered my own question.

Last edited:
This is mine with the cover off is that the Heat Pump cover?

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpeg
    IMG_0396.jpeg
    595.6 KB · Views: 164
I just had my homelink installed. During the installation, the tech checked and i do not have the "shroud" (tech's term) installed (vin 12xxx, June 18 delivery).

He told me that he expects Tesla will be sending out a bulletin to those with early deliveries and people can schedule to have the shroud retrofitted.

I will take anything to reduce noise, but i only hear the noise when i am outside the car. When it is noisy, the fan is running and i cannot really hear anything inside the car. For this reason, i will await the bulletin.

My Vin 11xxx June 05 build date came with the insulation installed.