Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat Pump issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2021 TM3. the one with the heat pump ;-)
This week end I was on a road trip with my family, We went to Ottawa (200km from Montreal).
On saturday every thing went well but today it was a nightmare.
This morning, I entered the adresse for a supercharger, the car started to precondition the battery but the heater was OFF!
it was -25 degres celcius outside, and I had my 4 year kid in the car.
I charged the car at 85%, reboot twice...still nothing.
So we had to come back to MTL without heater, with the freezing temperature.
I requested a service from Tesla, and I want to know if I'm the only one with this kind of issue.
How can I fix that?
Thanks.

Yeah, apparently it doesn't work well (or at all) at very cold temperatures. Right at freezing, it works fine on my car, but air doesn't come out hot, like on an ICE car once engine is hot. The good news is it comes out warm right away, and I don't like the air super hot anyway, so it's been fine for us. And the heat pump is supposed to be more efficient.

As a final thought, I saw a video of the heat pump (actually 3), and the guy mentioned 2021 cars also have an element heater, but that might be only for the batteries, not the HVAC. I've read that a sensor or two were at fault, but I'm curious if that's still the case. Good luck OP.

Reactions: ob971 and hcdavis3