Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat Pump sensor replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I booked an appointment last week to get the PWS installed. When I took it in yesterday the SA checking me in mentioned my VIN was ID'd as having potential "faulty" Pressure/Temperature Sensors and wanted to replace them as part of a Customer Service Campaign.

Since I took delivery back on July 28th I haven't had ANY issues with the HVAC system and we had temps in the triple digits for a solid week with horrible humidity and temps below ZERO F for a week and the HVAC performed perfectly. Of course, I agreed, he said it would take 3 to 4 hours.

For anyone interested here's a copy of my service receipt:

<redacted>

Hopefully, this is will benefit someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GeezerSquid
Just got my HVAC sensors changed today.
1620766071700.png

Interesting our part numbers are different.

PS Your info is still visible... Address, Phone number and VIN.

I just had these replaced last week as well. I already had a mobile appointment for a passenger safety restraint alert, and when it got to almost 100 here, the AC would only bring it down to 80 and that's it. I called the service center and they had me bring the car in instead. The AC has been working fine since (knock on wood).

Reactions: Velcade
Thanks for the update. We're all learning about these sensors. It would be nice to have a database of replacement part numbers for reference.

Could you re-post yours? They're not in your original post above.

Thanks for the update. We're all learning about these sensors. It would be nice to have a database of replacement part numbers for reference.

Could you re-post yours? They're not in your original post above.
I needed to redact my PII from the original post, my SA also mentioned they had to fully evacuate the freon and refill it, he said it was 1 pound low from the factory and that can also impact HVAC performance. Which is why they told me it would take 3 to 4 hours and issued a loaner vehicle.

m8GzwYS.jpg

Two of my buddies dropped off their Y's today to have the PWS installed and they were both told they are getting the new sensors.

Last edited:
Curious: The Tesla Service Bulletin numbers end in C, your end in B. In traditional auto part jargon, this would imply that YOUR "C" parts are yet another update to the "B" part.

...and Velcade's parts replacement don't match the Service Bulletin numbers. Different sensors?

Thanks, guys, for following up on these important details.

Reactions: Velcade
Alright, ended up stopping on lunch because I was curious. Talked to the guy and showed him the service bulletin. He said that the March 01, 2021 revision is out dated and the new part numbers are 1581610-00-B for the high pressure sensor and 1581608-00-B for the low pressure sensor.