TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Heat Shield

Discussion in 'Model S' started by efusco, Sep 28, 2012.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I've used the Heat Shield brand sun screen on my Prius for the past 8-9 years and really like the custom fit. Checked the Heat Shield web site and while they have a shield for the Roadster they don't yet have the Model S. I sent an email and got the following reply:

I wrote back asking for clarification on whether the front windshield would take longer (since she specified the side windows...which I don't care so much about). Will try to keep everyone here informed if/when I hear back about availability.

2. efusco

Got a reply back, as soon as they can get measurements they will offer the product for all windows. Do any of you earlynSig people live in/near Sunnydale, CA? I think they usually give the person who's car they used for measurement a free set. And you'll have the gratitude of a thankful Tesla nation! Give the number above a call.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

3. Doutt

Doutt Member

I should be getting my car within a week or 2. I do live in the area and would be happy to assist if no one else jumps in before me.
    Now I just need my S!!!!!!!!

Mark

4. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

I thought Sunnydale was destroyed in the last episode?

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Did you ever talk to them about putting some kind of stiffener in the Heat Shields. I've gone through several sets because they sag after a few uses. It helps to prop up the middle with small boxes, but that really doesn't fix the original design flaw.

6. efusco

I didn't. I think the problem with the Prius is the really long windshield. Don't know how the S compares.

What I did was to cut some stays made from a bicycle flag pole, I cut a tiny slit near the top inside are of the HeatShield and slid it between the layers. Two stays worked, 3 would have worked a little better. But I've used the same modified HeatShield for over 8 years.

Evan, Via Tapatalk