Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat stays on after using card key?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went into the remote backcountry and parked my MY at the trailhead for 3 days. It had 146 miles on the battery. It was 15 degrees Fahrenheit.
No cell service for miles. I put my phone in airplane mode. The MY locked, of course. I needed to get one more thing out of the car so I used the card key to open the door briefly. I closed the door.
When I got back after 3 days, the car had 90 miles on the battery of which 30 was unavailable because of cold.
So, I lost 56 miles over the 3 days !?! Did the car heat for hours because I used the card key? Was it waiting for me to go into drive mode?

I went into the remote backcountry and parked my MY at the trailhead for 3 days. It had 146 miles on the battery. It was 15 degrees Fahrenheit.
No cell service for miles. I put my phone in airplane mode. The MY locked, of course. I needed to get one more thing out of the car so I used the card key to open the door briefly. I closed the door.
When I got back after 3 days, the car had 90 miles on the battery of which 30 was unavailable because of cold.
So, I lost 56 miles over the 3 days !?! Did the car heat for hours because I used the card key? Was it waiting for me to go into drive mode?

just throwing it out there... did you leave Sentry mode on?